High Pressure Fuel Pump

Dieses Thema im Forum "BMW 135i" wurde erstellt von tinnemeneer, 29.07.2010.

1. #1 tinnemeneer, 29.07.2010
    tinnemeneer

tinnemeneer 1er-Interessent(in)

Hello all,
    I'm sorry to write in English, but I don't speak German well enough to ask technical questions, or understand the answers.
    I'm also sorry to bother the 1 series forum with a 3 series question, but this one seems more active than other forums.

I am planning to buy a secondhand 335i but I've heard terrible stories about the HPFP on it. Most problems seem to excist in the USA though. This could be because they have 10% ethanol in the fuel there but also because BMW had to 'cheapen' the car for the USA so it will sell.
    I found some hits in this forum considering the HPFP, but like I said, my German isn't good enough to figure out if you guys were discussing the situation in the USA or that European 35i's are also having problems.

Is the problem with the fuel pump bad enough to stay away from a 35i ?
    The reason I want to buy a 335i instead of a 135i is that I need the extra room. So please don't feel offended. :)

Regards,
    Martin
    The Netherlands.

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für den 1er.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Alpina_B3_Lux, 29.07.2010
    Alpina_B3_Lux

Alpina_B3_Lux 1er-Fan

Fahrzeugtyp:
    135i
    For some more info about that problem in English I'd recommend you to go to the E90post forum. It's a regular topic over there, and although they're mostly US dominated the fuel pump is the same for the cars in Europe.

We have seen less problems over here due to the better fuel quality, but it is still a recurrent problem. Still, should it prevent you from getting the 335i? I wouldn't say so - the fuel pump is not that expensive to replace after all. And the car is so much fun and easy to modify - the best engine that BMW has made for a long time (I'm talking about the N54 here, obviously).

Alpina_B3_Lux

4. #3 Catahecassa, 30.07.2010
    Catahecassa

Catahecassa 1er-Guru

Hi, there is a known issue at BMW to replace tbe HPFP & adjust software to avoid further problems. Go for the 335i & enjoy the ride on the torque plateau ;)

5. #4 tinnemeneer, 30.07.2010
    tinnemeneer

Well, I want to figure out how bad the problem is before I make the decision to buy or not to buy the car.
    I used to have a Jeep Cherokee which had so much problems I became afraid to drive it.
    That also cost me a fortune in repairs, so that's another reason to know what I'm getting into.

6. #5 Catahecassa, 30.07.2010
    Catahecassa

Catahecassa 1er-Guru

No fear necessary ... a switch to ne actual generation with software upgrade to reduce initial fuel pressure is mainly covered by BMW warranty and if not, its below 500EUR in total. The sympton is, that starting the car needs about 5x turnarounds on the engine or you get an error in display and power is limited to felt 150PS ... you can drive with the defect pump though, but exchange then would be highly needed. Mainly the fault is detected between 40-60tkm ...

7. #6 tinnemeneer, 30.07.2010
    tinnemeneer

Thank you. So there is a fix to the problem. That is great news. :)
    I'll make sure I check if that's done before I buy the car.

8. AdMan

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  9. #7 Catahecassa, 30.07.2010
    Catahecassa

Catahecassa 1er-Guru

take care & good luck!

10. #8 Geronimo, 30.07.2010
    Geronimo

Geronimo 1er-Fanatiker(in)

lo prometido es deuda - ich versteh dieses griechische gelaber einfach nicht ... *g*

Thema:

High Pressure Fuel Pump

Die Seite wird geladen...

High Pressure Fuel Pump - Ähnliche Themen

1. Tachonadeln und Tachoscheiben e90 High !!!EILT!!!

Tachonadeln und Tachoscheiben e90 High !!!EILT!!!: Guten Abend @all... Ich suche ganz dringend noch 4x durchgehende Tachonadeln und am auch diese Scheiben wie auf dem Bild zu sehen sind NUR EBEN...
  2. [E87] Störgeräusche Radio Business + High-Low-Adapter und Cinchkabel

Störgeräusche Radio Business + High-Low-Adapter und Cinchkabel: Hallo, ich hatte in meinem 118d e87 BJ 2009 seit 3 Jahren ein Fremdradio verbaut, welches ich jetzt aber aus diversen Gründen wieder ausbauen...
  3. [Verkauft] orig. BMW 1er F20 F21 Performance Blackline High LED Rückleuchten

orig. BMW 1er F20 F21 Performance Blackline High LED Rückleuchten: Beschreibung _____________________________ Leuchten sind selbstverständlich unbeschädigt und in einem sehr guten Zustand. Alle Halterungen intakt,...
  4. [Verkauft] FL Rückleuchten High

FL Rückleuchten High: Hallo, wegen wechsel auf Blacklines biete ich meine Facelift High Rückleuchten an. Die Leuchten sind in sehr gutem Zustand, normale...
  5. Suche Blackline High rechts

Suche Blackline High rechts: Ich suche eine rechte Blackline (High) Rückleuchte für meinen E82. Alternativ würde ich auch die linke Rückleuchte verkaufen falls jemand...