Hidden damage

Dieses Thema im Forum "BMW Händler" wurde erstellt von Pol, 13.06.2012.

1. #1 Pol, 13.06.2012
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 14.06.2012
    Pol

Pol 1er-Fahrer(in)

Fahrzeugtyp:
    M2 Coupé
    Vorname:
    Pol
    I'm sorry guys but as a Belgium citizen, my German is no good enough and I'd like to continue in English if you would like to excuse me for that.
    I bought a set of Performance 313 rims for my 135i last september via one of the forumhandlers witch name I no want to mention at this moment.
    The set was delivered with Dunlop RTF's on the rims. As a matter of comfort I preferred to change the tires a couple of weeks ago by Michelin SP3 non RTF.
    My astonishment was huge when I discovered under a lead tape of approximately 16cm at one of the front wheels several severe damages. The damages must have been there from the beginning as the lead ribbon had been removed by myself with a special glue remover.
    I immediately mailed the BMW dealer (handler) of the facts with some pictures in annex to better clear out things. They replied that they themselves get the wheels from BMW and as it is too long ago it will be impossible to claim things.
    The handler also thinks that the damage has been made by myself as he says that I probably have removed the lead tape with a knife. With such an answer I indeed was not very amused as honesty is a way of life I would always defend.
    I am convinced that the damage was there from the beginning and that someone must have known of it. When I saw the front wheel for the first time, I was a bit astonished by seeing such a long lead ribbon as a result of balancing a totally new wheel.
    I would like to ask here if anyone can advice me what to do with this problem as I think that the dealer is not willing to look for a fair solution.
    Could anyone give me an address in Germany of a BMW Customers Service where I can do my complaint. I feel a bit cheated because the damage was so well hidden that I only could notice it by changing tires after only 8 months.
    Pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks en advance, Pol.

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für den 1er.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. Fux96

Fux96 1er-Süchtling

Fahrzeugtyp:
    118d (FL)
    Motorisierung:
    118d
    Modell:
    Hatch (E87)
    Baujahr:
    06/2007
    Vorname:
    Andy
    Spritmonitor:
    Hey Pol, to be perfectly honest with you I doubt you have any chance at all with that. That could have been anyone from BMW to the Händler to the wheelshop that balanced the wheels. Also, lets be honest, those are rather minor marks which you usually won't spot when the wheels are mounted onto the car.

I understand that you're pissed off about it, I would be as well, however I don't think it's big enough to get that worked up about.

4. Pol

Pol 1er-Fahrer(in)

Fahrzeugtyp:
    M2 Coupé
    Vorname:
    Pol
    I comprehend your point of view. But for me, the very thought of being cheated in this way (damage hidden by a leaden ribbon) makes me very pissed off.
    And as I deal with my car in a very maniac way, the incident is the more painful. I know, I can't blame the händler because it probablably is not his fault as the wheels came directly from BMW. But I know for sure that, if I would have bought the wheels in my own BMW concession in Belgium they should have changed the alloy straightaway.
    I already bought several parts with that German händler and have always been satisfied. But nevertheless am I convinced that it should be possible with some determination on behalf of the händler to claim warranty with a clear and solid explanation to BMW.
    I wonder if this should be the BMW division to explain my situation? BMW M GmbH Gesellschaft für individuelle Automobile - Automobile - Hochbrück

5. #4 Chris176, 14.06.2012
    Chris176

Chris176 1er-Fan

The BMW M company has nothing to do with your "problem" as long as you do not have a M-car like the BMW 1 series M-QP.

From German law side you have no warranty because you bought the wheels more than 6 month ago. I understand that your situation is quite silly but it is your own fault!
    You always have to check a delivery immediatly. If you do not do it and you see damages later on you have to proof that the damages have been there right from the beginning. This is nearly impossible after this long time period.

I do not see any change for you. I can understand you, I can understand the BMW dealer and in this special case the BMW dealer is right.
    You can wright to BMW directly but there won't be any success,too late!

6. Pol

Pol 1er-Fahrer(in)

Fahrzeugtyp:
    M2 Coupé
    Vorname:
    Pol
    Ho,Ho,ho.. how can I find a hidden damage at the moment of delivery? IMHO there should be some understanding from the BMW side on such kind of issue. I only can blame the dealer if he even doesn't try to claim the case with BMW Germany.

7. #6 Chris176, 14.06.2012
    Chris176

Chris176 1er-Fan

so far what I understand is that the "damages" were under some kind of tape right? I do not know the meaning of a "lead tape".
    Every where in the world the customer is indebted to check a delivery immediatly and completly after the arrival because of situations like you have now.
    BMW will do nothing for you with a very simple reason: You cannot proof that the damages have been the right from beginning.
    Again, I understand you, but in this case the problem is only on your side and you have to live with it. This is fact, even a lawyer would tell you this.

8. #7 Pol, 14.06.2012
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15.06.2012
    Pol

Pol 1er-Fahrer(in)

Fahrzeugtyp:
    M2 Coupé
    Vorname:
    Pol
    See the second picture. That tape or ribbon contains lead to balance the wheel after laying on the tyres. As you look to the tape, you will conclude that it is a very long one. Well, under that tape (lead) of 16 cm, the damage was find by myself. That's why I call it "hidden damage".
    Of course it is very difficult to prove such a statement. But honesty still exists and my concience is clear as to this point. Otherwise one should be very bad to claim damages of that kind from a händler with whom you already made several deals without any problem at all.
    Anyway I'll keep you informed of the outcome of this issue. I still have my hopes...

9. Fux96

Fux96 1er-Süchtling

Fahrzeugtyp:
    118d (FL)
    Motorisierung:
    118d
    Modell:
    Hatch (E87)
    Baujahr:
    06/2007
    Vorname:
    Andy
    Spritmonitor:
    @Chris, mit lead tape meint er die Bleigewichte da.

@Pol, as I said, I understand where you're coming from and I'd be a little pissed as well, but after 6 months and a considerable amount of use by yourself, I doubt you'll get anywhere with BMW. Fingers crossed, but I just doubt it's going to happen.

10. AdMan

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  11. #9 Pol, 14.06.2012
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15.06.2012
    Pol

Pol 1er-Fahrer(in)

Fahrzeugtyp:
    M2 Coupé
    Vorname:
    Pol

There has been practically no use of the 313's since september. The wheels have been on the car for approximately 800 km. End of october I changed them for my 178 winter set.
    This year the 313's were on the car only for about 3 weeks. In that period I changed the tires for non RTF Michelins. At that very moment we discovered the damage under the lead tape.
    I have changed the set immediately by an alternative summer set of Breyton GTS-R's to be certain that no other damage occurs. And yes w'll see and cross fingers for what can be done.

12. Pol

Pol 1er-Fahrer(in)

Fahrzeugtyp:
    M2 Coupé
    Vorname:
    Pol
    Ultimately my claim has been rejected by BMW. They advised me to see a rim doctor to resolve the problem, which I no intend to do because the damage is practically not visible from the outside. So I consider the case as closed.
    But as a consequence of this topic, the forumhandler refuses now to do further business with me, which I deplore very much. Since the month of july, several e-mails to order components keep staying unanswered...very difficult to understand...

Thema:

Hidden damage

Die Seite wird geladen...

Hidden damage - Ähnliche Themen

1. Hidden Menue Chipping

Hidden Menue Chipping: Sorry, ich habe keine Beiträge dazu gefunden (obwohl es die sicher schon gibt) Die Menü-Anzeige lässt sich ja dazu bewegen die...