Chip 123d and SERVICE BMW??????

Dieses Thema im Forum "BMW 123d" wurde erstellt von wojtek22, 17.10.2008.

1. #1 wojtek22, 17.10.2008
    wojtek22

wojtek22 1er-Interessent(in)

Hello,

I have readen some Yours post and as far as I see there is a lot of bmw 123d with chip. The problem is that I don't understand German language.

That's why I have some questions about it. I can ask only You because in Poland there is any 123d with chip.

1.Could You answerd me what is the difrence between 123d (standard) and 123d (chiped) I ask You about diffrence in accelerator and in fuel? Before 123d I had a Golf IV TDI and I chiped it and there was really big diference between.

2.What about clutch and gearbox in yours chiped 123d?? Do You have any problem with yours chiped cars?

3. And the last questions is What about it thinking SERVICE BMW. Becouse I hav paid a lot of money to have a guarantee on my car and free servis for 3 years. As I ask in my Service station they said that if I make a chip in 123d I will lose my guarantee and free servise. IS it true???

Thank's for answearing
    And Sory for my English

Best regards
    wojtek

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für den 1er.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 fastwriter, 17.10.2008
    fastwriter

fastwriter 1er-Fahrer(in)

Question 1 & 2 - I cannot answer

Question 3: Yes it is true: You will loose your warranty (Guarantee as you wrote). It is the same over here in Germany. If you are lucky your dealer will not notice that there is a modified chip in your motor management system. But there is always a risk he will notice - and then you're in trouble.

Best regards and greetings over to Poland

(and by the way: the 123d has enough power - I changed it for a 3.0-Gasoline-Engine with 231 HP and I don't miss power at all)

4. #3 fastwriter, 17.10.2008
    fastwriter

fastwriter 1er-Fahrer(in)

Question 1 & 2 - I cannot answer

Question 3: Yes it is true: You will loose your warranty (Guarantee as you wrote). It is the same over here in Germany. If you are lucky your dealer will not notice that there is a modified chip in your motor management system. But there is always a risk he will notice - and then you're in trouble.

Best regards and greetings over to Poland

(and by the way: the 123d has enough power - I changed it for a 3.0-Gasoline-Engine with 231 HP and I don't miss power at all)

5. #4 wojtek22, 17.10.2008
    wojtek22

Thank's for your answer.
    I think that 123d is fast but not as fast as I want it to be.
    Specialy on overcrowd polish roads. Where we have to overtake TIR on really crowded roads we need a really more power.

I think that I should check the power of my car in Tuning Company.

Best regards from Poland

6. pkm680

pkm680 1er-Fahrer(in)

hallo wojtek,

to answer your first and second question:

the normal power is about 204hp and 400NM of torque
    chipped it will be roughly round about 250hp and 500NM
    i chipped my 123d via digitech and i am absolutely happy with it
    my car has 250hp and 519nm on the paper
    the fuelconsumption is going to shrink when you are going to drive like you did before, the loss is about -0,5 liters
    the fact with the guarantee must not be true because most dealers and maintenance shops are not able to check if your car has beeing chipped.
    but if you have troubles and they sent your motormanagement-unit to munich they are able to proof and in this case they will not pay any damages on your motor the clutch, gearbox and shafts.
    my clutch is absolutely fine and i drove more than 15000km with the chip and as far as i know bmw granted torque to over 500NM for the gearbox so that i do not see any problems with that.
    last but not least i would suggest you to take a good tuner to avoid any problems, your motorunit is a so called edc 17 series which is not very easy to program and most tuners are not able to do it. sometimes problems could occure and the unit is going to be destroied during programming process.
    so take care of a real good tuner which is able to get a new one if necessary.
    after the tuning you will definetly feel the increase of the power especially during acellaration in high speeds
    regards

7. #6 wojtek22, 08.01.2009
    wojtek22

hallo

tkank's pkm680 for Your answer,

I'm still thinking about the chip.
    I will decide to do it after winter, becouse now a condition on roads are really bad.

regards.

8. #7 nightperson, 08.01.2009
    nightperson

nightperson 1er-Guru

Vorname:
    Andreas
    I was also considering to chip tune my 123d because of the very annoying max. speed issue. But luckily I decided to leave it as it is, since I got a new engine recently because of leaking cooling liquid. If I had "optimized" my car the costs for the new engine were on me :shock: I owned three chiped tuned cars so far, but this time I'm sure I took the right decision :wink:

Cheers,
    Andreas

9. #8 wojtek22, 16.01.2009
    wojtek22

I was also considering to chip tune my 123d because of the very annoying max. speed issue

And what is Your's car V-max speed?

One time I drive over 250km/h, but it's happened only once.[/img]

10. AdMan

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  11. RWFG

RWFG 1er-Profi

Fahrzeugtyp:
    123d
    With the old software the max speed of the 123d was limited to real 234 km/h. That should be approximately 246 km/h on your speedometer.

With the new software speedometer 250 km/h on a straight flat autobahn, which is 238 km/h in reality, as announced in the car's papers.

Downhill my car reaches 242 km/h in reality and 254 km/h on the speedometer. But that happens only on descents.

This is why Tuning can't really increase the Top-Speed of your car. The car is now limited at 4.850 revs per minute, which is set at 254 km/h at your speedometer.

12. #10 nightperson, 17.01.2009
    nightperson

nightperson 1er-Guru

Vorname:
    Andreas
    It's exactly as Jens wrote, the max. speed you can reach with an unchiped car is 247 km/h (pre-update) respectively 254 km/h (update) on the speedo. The latter I have only achieved a few times with tailwind or on descents. People who already have tuned their 123d's reported they couldn't increase max. speed but only acceleration.

Cheers,
    Andreas

Thema: Chip 123d and SERVICE BMW??????
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. bmw 123d chiped

Die Seite wird geladen...

Chip 123d and SERVICE BMW?????? - Ähnliche Themen

1. BMW E87 116i tacho

BMW E87 116i tacho: Hallo Zusammen, kann mir wer sagen ob ich diesen Tacho theoretisch bei meinem bmw 116i nutzen kann und ob er ins Amaturenbrett passen würde?...
  2. Biete: Gerauchten Endtopf BMW 1er E87 116i

Biete: Gerauchten Endtopf BMW 1er E87 116i: Hallo zusammen, ich verkaufe hier meinen Gebrauchten Endtopf für den BMW E87. Dieser ist original von BMW und für den 116i. Preis ist...
  3. Biete: 1er BMW Business Radio E87

Biete: 1er BMW Business Radio E87: Hallo Zusammen, ich biete ihnen hier mein Radio Business aus dem E87 an. Das Radio ist in einem sehr guten Zustand und voll funktionsfähig. Bei...
  4. Suche: Sportsitze für den BMW E87

Suche: Sportsitze für den BMW E87: Hallo Zusammen, suche Volleder Sportsitze mit Sitzheizung für meinen 1er E87. Wenn ihr eure verkaufen wollt bitte melden.
  5. BMW Winterkompletträder Y-Speiche 380 silber 17 Zoll 1er F20 F21 2er F22 F23 RDCi

BMW Winterkompletträder Y-Speiche 380 silber 17 Zoll 1er F20 F21 2er F22 F23 RDCi: Diesmal mit Bild.... Ich biete hiermit meine BMW Winterkompletträder Y-Speiche 380 silber 17 Zoll 1er F20 F21 2er F22 F23 RDCi zum Verkauf an....