[E8x] Android mini PC mit Ruckfahrcamera ins 1er.

Dieses Thema im Forum "HiFi, Navi & Kommunikation" wurde erstellt von renardi, 13.07.2013.

1. #1 renardi, 13.07.2013
    renardi

renardi 1er-Interessent(in)

Motorisierung:
    120d
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Baujahr:
    10/2008
    Vorname:
    Christophe
    First I want to appologize for not writing this in German. I live in Belgium and although I understand German I'm not capable of writing it.

Incorporating a 7inch screen or tablet for that matter in a 6.5 static screen OEM housing doesn't work.
    Trust me I've tried it and it couldn't be fitted cause it is just too big.

As I wanted to have android in the car, I stumbled upon a 6.5 TFT screen with a LCD panel that accepts not only HDMI but AV as well and switches to AV2 when connected to a 12V source, so I could fit my rearview camera at last...

If you would like to know how I did it, well here it goes.

List of what I used:

Hardware

Software

• 01. Finless 1.7 ROM for Measy
      02. Desktop Virtualizer
      03. ADW launcher
      04. Torque
      05. GPSinfo
      06. Null Keyboard

Putting it all together.

Making a connector for the rearview Camera.

In order to connect the licenseplate light from the camera to the car, I made a 2 pin connector. So I didn't have to cut any cables.

[​IMG]

Mounting the screen and LCD panel inside the OEM housing.

TFT screen with LCD panel.

[​IMG]

The mount for the LCD panel.

[​IMG]

To hold the TFT in place.

[​IMG]

Assembled.

The back.

[​IMG]

The side.

[​IMG]

The front.

[​IMG]

How it's all connected.

Here's a scheme of how it is all connected.

[​IMG]

The blue lines are the AV connections, the red are +12V, black is ground.

So as you can see. The LCD and Measy U2C power up together with the switched +12V, I took from the cig lighter. Maybe it's better to take it directly from the fuse box, but guess I was a bit lazy and didn't have an "add-a-fuse" thingy. What I did do was, fuse the +12V to the LCD panel, cause it's connected to the yellow/green wire witch powers the cig lighter.

The Measy is powered over USB by a 2A car charger (witch is already fused), although normally it only needs 500mAh.

Cause I heard about some issues not getting enough power to the camera, I installed a relay that switches on when the car is put in reverse. Providing +12V to the camera and the ACC connection on the LCD panel, so the input automatically changes from HDMI to AV2 (= camera). When reverse is deselected the panel switches back to HDMI, and the camera turns off. It's impossible to route the AV cable from the camera through the rubber hose, so I had to cut the cable and solder it back together.

[​IMG]

I routed the AV and ACC cable on the right side (passenger side cause this is a left hand drive) of the car through the glove box compartment to the center unit.

[​IMG]

Initially I bought the Measy because it also has an analog AV and audio out connection, as the LCD panel doesn't provide audio over HDMI. The image quality over AV was absolutely appalling, and sound quality was distorted aswell. So I opted for a bluetooth audio receiver and HDMI. I was concerned about all three bluetooth connections working together, but so far it turned out for the best.

Modding the android home screen.

I got my inspiration for modding the home screen from this thread BMW E46 Android install (INCLUDES BUILD LOG / DIY) - Page 2 and especially rxritalin who actually made the wallpaper. I just altered it a bit to my needs. I only use ADW launcher to set a specific amount of columns and rows. I have set both to maximum deviding the screen at max. Then I use Desktop Virtualizer to set transparent widgets, so when you click a certain area an app gets called.

Getting the bluetooth GPS to work

To get the external bluetooth to work you need an app like GPSinfo from Globalsat. This app enables you to connect the GPS to the Measy. Just don't forget to "Allow mock lockations" in android settings.

Controlling the Measy

To control the Measy I use a wireless 2.4G keyboard. As the LCD doesn't have a touchscreen. You can order one though but is isn't supported under android for now. The keyboard has a mousepad, multimedia controls, etc. and works quite well. If you want to listen to some music, you just press the play button on the keyboard and music starts playing. As the android onscreen keyboard isn't of much use, I installed an app called "Null keyboard", witch basically prevents the onscreen keyboard from popping up.

2. AdMan

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort gibt es vieles für den 1er.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Alphatier, 13.07.2013
    Alphatier

Alphatier 1er-Fan

Motorisierung:
    120i
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Vorname:
    Alex
    DeMichaelis gefällt das.
  4. #3 Alphatier, 14.07.2013
    Alphatier

Alphatier 1er-Fan

Motorisierung:
    120i
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Vorname:
    Alex
    It is possible to use the touch panel of the mini Keyboard?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

5. #4 renardi, 16.07.2013
    renardi

Motorisierung:
    120d
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Baujahr:
    10/2008
    Vorname:
    Christophe
    Yes, you can. It works as if you would use a normal mouse under android. The only thing you cannot do is zoom in or zoom out.

6. mcflow

mcflow 1er-Guru

Hey Christophe,

nice write up and such a neat result. Looks really good. Where did you buy the oem housing for the screen? I am looking for one of the Professional units everyday but can't find anything :(. Due to the fact that I want to install an iPad mini I am selling my DIY Flap-Up Display solution.

cheers Flo

7. #6 Alphatier, 17.07.2013
    Alphatier

Alphatier 1er-Fan

Motorisierung:
    120i
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Vorname:
    Alex
    Ich schreib jetzt mal in deutsch für dich :D

Ich habe hier was gefunden, aber keine Ahnung wo es das zu kaufen gibt:

Chii Sen Enterprise Co., Ltd. - Audio Work - Products Audio installation kits > BMW

Hatte die mal angeschrieben wo man das kaufen kann aber kam keine Antwort. Echt geil um irgendwas nachzurüsten, Bildschirm, Tablet etc. sofern man es immer im Auto lassen möchte.

DeMichaelis gefällt das.
  8. #7 renardi, 18.07.2013
    renardi

Motorisierung:
    120d
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Baujahr:
    10/2008
    Vorname:
    Christophe
    Thanks Flo.
    I bought mine last year on ebay.de. There was a 8.8 unit at that time aswell, but it was really expensive (about 800 euro). I think the dimensions won't fit either, cause the BMW display probably is 16:9 and the Ipad mini 4:3.

9. #8 renardi, 18.07.2013
    renardi

Motorisierung:
    120d
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Baujahr:
    10/2008
    Vorname:
    Christophe
    Nice find.:daumen:

10. mcflow

mcflow 1er-Guru

Sehr cool, danke ;)
    Ich habe mir jetzt doch schon das Ablagefach Navi Portable fürs iPad gekauft :)

Yep, you're right. I found an alternative. keep you updated ;)

11. moe23

moe23 1er-Fan

Motorisierung:
    120d
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Vorname:
    Marius
    Spritmonitor:
    nice work :daumen:

what was the total cost of it?

12. mcflow

mcflow 1er-Guru

btw - ich habe sie auch mal kontaktiert :)

13. #12 Chris187, 18.07.2013
    Chris187

Chris187 1er-Fahrer(in)

Motorisierung:
    118d
    Modell:
    Hatch (E81)
    Baujahr:
    10/2007
    Ich habe eine Antwort von ihnen bekommen. Eine Sample Order wäre ab 5 Stück möglich, mit Überweisungsgebühren, Versandkosten, Einfuhrumsatzsteuer etc. käme man auf grob 80 Euro pro Stück. Ich würde es dafür mal riskieren, würde auch eine Sammelbestellung organisieren wenn sich noch vier Leute finden.

14. #13 Alphatier, 18.07.2013
    Alphatier

Alphatier 1er-Fan

Motorisierung:
    120i
    Modell:
    Coupé (E82)
    Vorname:
    Alex
    Da bin ich mal gespannt wie du es mit dem ipad mini machst, immer schön berichten! :-)
    Mein Einbau wurde jetzt auch noch etwas geändert, Dockingstation halbiert und quasi nach hinten versetzt, so das das Nexus an der Rückwand anliegt. Jetzt gefällt es mir richtig gut.

15. AdMan

Schau dir mal den passenden Ratgeber an. Dort findet man Infos und Antworten.

Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  16. #14 Mech559, 18.07.2013
    Mech559

Mech559 1er-Interessent(in)

Motorisierung:
    118d
    Modell:
    Hatch (E87)
    Baujahr:
    10/2007
    Vorname:
    Matthias
    kann das "georderte" gehäuse gegen das ablagefach getauscht werden oder muss man da bauliche veränderungen vornehmen? Weiß das einer?^^ Ich meine kleine sachen sind ok aber mit einer stichsäge da irgend was rausschneiden ist jetzt nicht so meins :)

17. mcflow

mcflow 1er-Guru

alle Gehäuse passen untereinander in die Öffnung im Armaturenbrett.

Thema: Android mini PC mit Ruckfahrcamera ins 1er.
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. Bmw e81 ablagefach Android

2. nexus 7 Auto Hintergrund

3. hd rückfahrkamera nexus 7

4. Nexus 7 Rückfahrkamera ,
  5. Nexus 7 als ,
  6. nexus 7 rückfahrkamera app,
  7. sony xsp-n1bt tablet,
  8. klangfuzzi home screen,
  9. bmw e81 tablet,
  10. cover tablet per bmw,
  11. e8x tablet löten,
  12. bmw samsung tab 7.0 stromkabel anlöten,
  13. timurs kernel einstellungen,
  14. bmw e82 odroid u3,
  15. nexus 7 2013 rückfahrkamera,
  16. timurs kernel deutsch,
  17. rasperry pi e87 1er bmw,
  18. pics of naviander,
  19. bmw launcher android,
  20. joycon ccc idrive,
  21. powereventmgr
Die Seite wird geladen...

Android mini PC mit Ruckfahrcamera ins 1er. - Ähnliche Themen

1. 1er Cabrio e92 V8 Umbau

1er Cabrio e92 V8 Umbau: Mahlzeit, jetzt habe ich endlich einen Grund, mich hier an melden zu können! Ich habe kürzlich einen e88 gekauft. Komplett umgebaut auf E92 M3...
  2. Wie oft wascht ihr euren kleinen 1er?

Wie oft wascht ihr euren kleinen 1er?: Also ich jedes Wochenende, außer wenn ich es mal nicht schaffe. Natürlich immer schön mit Hand.. :mrgreen:
  3. 1er F20 LCI Nebelscheinwerfer austauschen

1er F20 LCI Nebelscheinwerfer austauschen: Hallo Zusammen! Ich würde gerne bei meinem 1er F20 LCI die Nebelscheinwerfer austauschen. Im Moment sind die Standard von BMW eingebaut...
  4. Mini Cooper JWC, M135i,... Anregung für den neuen

Mini Cooper JWC, M135i,... Anregung für den neuen: Moin, ich fahr ja nun schon länger meinen 118d der momentan als Firmenwagen seinen Dienst gut verrichtet. Da ich größtenteils auch weite Strecken...
  5. 1er Treffen am 11.12 in Koblenz

1er Treffen am 11.12 in Koblenz: Tach Zusammen, unsere WhatsApp Gruppe trifft sich am kommenden Sonntag zu einem kleinen gemütlichen Treffen. WANN? 11.12.16 ab 14:00h WO? Ikea...